BLOCK PRINTING BOOTCAMP
Learn how to start block printing beautiful fabric
prints in less than 3 hours! (even if you're not an artist)
Scroll down to learn more
Block Printing Bootcamp is an online course for beginners and experienced
artists alike that will take you from doodling stick figures, to block printing
beautiful hand printed fabric in less than 3 hours.
This “work at your own pace” video course gives answers to every one of the most common printing issues I’ve come across, and can help anyone, no matter what their skill level, get started quickly and easily with block printing.
Block Printing Bootcamp allows you to skip over all the hard stuff
around getting started and lets you jump right in.
No searching for supplies, I give you a full list of the few important tools you’ll need.
No trial and error necessary, just go through each video to learn new tips, tricks and techniques.
No getting stuck, you can reach out to me at any time with your questions.
The options are limitless, but here’s a short list of projects I’ve helped my students with:
- Wall prints & hangings
- Wedding linens & invitations
- T-shirts, scarves, & dresses
- Concert posters
- Indian sari’s
- Upholstery, drapery & pillows
- Baby blankets & onesies
- Tote bags & aprons
- Paper prints to sell on Etsy
- Bed linens & quilting projects
Ideas for projects:
- Over 2 hours of detailed video instruction (7 modules of video demonstration)
- A complete supply list with links
- Access to my Student Stamp Archive (work from former students)
- 2 mini-courses with step-by-step projects
- A guide to the most common printing issues (with solutions!)
- Full email access (message me when you’re stuck!)
You’ll receive a bonus of 30 illustrations for you to use for your projects.
- The 5 essential tools you'll need for any block printing project
- What type of blocks I use for ALL my projects and why
- The two types of ink you should avoid in order to prevent certain disaster!
- What types of designs to avoid now so you don't end up scrapping your project in the carving stage
- How one design can actually give you endless options
- Why you don't need insane art skills to do well in this section
- Basic repeats you can easily apply to your first project
- How I go from inspiration to finished design in just a few steps (and I recorded the entire process!)
- The only 3 blades you'll actually need for carving
- One technique you can use to make your prints look strikingly unique
- The most common carving mistake I see students make, and how to easily avoid it
- A quick system you can use to make carving much easier
- How to roll the perfect paint roll (with the perfect amount of ink)
- How to blend colors easily on the first try without wasting extra ink
- How to use rainbow rolls to turn the simplest block into a dynamic masterpiece
- The main rule of thumb for selecting good printing fabrics
- My trademark "lazy mixing" process that will guarantee a perfect color scheme, AND save you time
- The one thing you should NOT pay attention to when testing your prints for the first time
- How to print a simple 3 color "toss" style repeat that makes you look like a pro
- The 5 top carving mistakes I see over and over so you don't make them too
- The absolute worst thing you can do when block printing
- How easily preventable most of these common mistakes can be
- How to clean up your blocks and tools once you're finished printing
- The best and easiest way to set your fabric after printing
No need to sift through a bunch of confusing options, I’ll provide you with a detailed list (with links!) of exactly what you’ll need to get started right away.
Need a little inspiration? Come see what past students have come up with during my classes in my Student Stamp Archive!
Finished the course and looking for a project to start? I got you. I’ve embedded two of my most popular printing videos into the course. I’ll take you step by step through each project so you can get that artwork on your walls asap!
30 Bonus illustrations:
Still convinced you can’t draw? Good thing you don’t really need to in this class (unless you want to!) When in doubt, download one my pdf illustrations that I designed specifically for block printing. Just trace and move onto the next step!
Common printing issues guide:
Whether you’re drawing, carving, inking, or printing, there are a bunch of little mistakes along the way that can add up to one big disaster if you’re not careful. This guide will help you breeze past these issues and create clean, sharp prints on the first try.
I packed all my best tips into each video, but if you have more specific questions, you can reach out directly to me at any time for feedback.
The entire Block Printing Bootcamp course - all videos, bonuses and downloads - is broken into easy to follow sections to let you skip around and work at your convenience.
What is it worth to you to save hours of your time trying to figure out everything on your own?
How much extra money will you waste before finally purchasing the right supplies?
Why not skip the learning curve and just get to the good stuff?
Let me save you the extra cash and the hassle.
Get started now!
"Danielle is a calm and gifted teacher. Her class was pure joy and I feel prepared to work independently this summer as a beginner. Thank you Danielle!" - Karen, San Francisco
"Such a fun class! I loved learning how to make new prints and patterns. Danielle is a wealth of information and makes learning easy, even when freehand drawing seems a little daunting." - David, Los Angeles
"This class was so great! I️ have always been fascinated and intrigued by textile design, so this gave me an opportunity to get a glimpse of what goes into this process. Danielle was detail oriented, informative, and inspiring. I would recommend this class to anyone that wants to work through any creative blocks or for anyone that just wants to have a creative and fun afternoon." - Lisa, North Carolina
Frequently Asked Questions
This class was a ton of fun! I'm definitely not "artsy" and found the class to be well-paced and easy for beginners. - Jade, San Diego
Thank you so much for simplifying the info. I wish I had found this earlier, it would have saved me a lot of wasted time experimenting! - Maureen, Los Angeles
It was really fun to try something new and get creative! Definitely would recommend this to friends.
- Villa, Finland
Fantastic course - highly recommend! Danielle led us through her creative process before we sketched, carved, and stamped our designs. She also provides a shopping list of tools. - Jeanne, San Francisco